Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday Linkage

It's Tuesday, so you know what that means!  Linkage!

1) Thanks to my friend over at Running for the Carbs you can now figure out how to alleviate some of that IT Band soreness: Tight IT Band?

Don't know what your IT band is? Oh yes you do.  You've certainly felt it before if you're over 18 years old.

That bastard puts a real wrench in morning running sometimes.  Related, I think I've finally found what is causing my mom's hip pain (Hi Mom!), related to the IT Band:
2) What is Trochanteric Bursitis?  Scary name...for a not so scary problem.  Stretching is the answer.

And related to stretching...and in honor of my Tuesday morning yoga:
3) Yoga in the Office - I wish there were pictures for this, but the stretches are pretty self explanatory and won't have your officemates giving you strange looks.  Whether you know it or not, a lot of these moves are natural reactions that we have. 

Unrelated, one of my Sunday morning participants sent me this article about Zumba:
4) Finding Fitness in Rhythm and Movement - Talks a little bit about how zumba started, profiles a woman who loves this particular workout, and has a great piece of advice--do the workout that isn't a workout for you--it should be fun (I don't mean easy), but you should look forward to going!  This article's from the WSJ, so it's only available for a few days before you need to pay for it--click now!

Tired?  Me too.  But not tired enough for one of these:
5) 10 of the Worst/Most Fat Filled Starbucks Drinks - yes, granted, these are for the Venti, but oh spare me.

Final link, it's about food too (sorry, no recipe this week, I've been too tired to experiment).
6) How Restaurant Menus Make You Spend More - And spending more often means more than just money....think about the calories, too!

Alright, that's it for the Tuesday links.  Remember to send me links that you think others should see!


No comments:

Post a Comment