Monday, February 22, 2010

My New Favorite Running Mix

This weekend was awesome in that kind of way where I have to ask myself if I did anything, then, when I realize that I did, I feel massively accomplished.

Saturday I got up before noon (1 pt. for me), while Chadd went to CPAC, I had a 6 mile run on the now showing sidewalks of Northwest DC (except for one bad part around the National Cathedral).  Goodbye snow in 50 degree weather!  Prior to this epic run, I updated my iPhone, and while I managed to delete most of my photos, any new contacts from after June 2008, and generally confused my very old computer, I also updated it to the point where I can actually get new apps (amazing!) and update the music on it.

Here is my new favorite running playlist (Artist: Song) now found on my phone:
1) Pretty Lights: More Important Than Michael Jordan
2) Midtown: Your Love
3) Metro Station: Shake It
4) 3Oh!3: Don't Trust Me
5) Forever the Sickest Kids: Breakdown
6) Cobra Starship: Good Girls Go Bad
7) Lady Gaga: Bad Romance
8) David Guetta: Sexy Bitch
9) Ke$ha: Tik Tok
10) Cascada: Evacuate the Dancefloor
11) Justin Timberlake ft. Timbaland: Carry Out
12) DJ Khaled: We Takin Over
13) Lady Gaga ft. Beyonce: Telephone
14) Franz Ferdinand: Take Me Out
15) Anberlin: Adelaide
16) Angels & Airwaves: Start the Machine

The mix clocks in at around an hour, perfect for a 6 mile training run (time built in for the poor decision to run down Wisconsin on the first nice Saturday afternoon of the year), stoplights, and about 10 minutes of stretching.

I also started on Friday night with a work to exhaustion workout--basically, 1 move per muscle group at moderate to heavy weight, reps till exhaustion, usually in sets.

Example: Bicep curls, 12.5 pound weights, 3 sets of 15 reps, or til exhaustion (20 reps on the last set for me)

I'm doing the "to exhaustion" workout for the next few days--I did it again on Saturday after my run, a modified version with my class on Sunday, and since I've got boxing tonight with my morning gym buddy, I'll probably take tonight off and get another exhaustion workout in tomorrow night before my second attempt at teaching no-tap (haaahahaha), especially since I have to practice tonight after boxing.  The point of the exhaustion workout is to do it for an entire week, once every 6-12 months to jumpstart your body and break a plateau.  I'll report on Friday night or Saturday how it went.

Anyway, enjoy the playlist--what's your favorite song(s) for a good workout--running or otherwise?

2 comments:

  1. I like yours. Some off my 117 song list include:

    1. American Boy - Estelle & Kayne West
    2. Buttons - Pussycat Dolls
    3. Fighter - Christina Aguilera
    4. Glamorous - Fergie
    5. Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
    6. I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
    7. Killer Queen - Queen
    8. Love Me or Hate Me - Lady Sovereign
    9. Red High Heels - Kellie Pickler
    10. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
    11. Shut up and Drive - Rihanna
    12. Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
    13. Toxic - Britney Spears
    14. Why Can't I - Liz Phair
    15. Shakin' Hands - Nickelback
    16. S.E.X. - Nickelback

    I obviously need to update my IPod. I'm in serious need of Lady Gaga and putting my 3OH!3 CD on here as well as others.

    Any and all suggestions are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these songs. You know my all time favorite song is MC Hammer "You can't Touch This."

    ReplyDelete