Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How to Work Out in the Snowpacolypse

So I told myself yesterday that I'd get a 2 hour gym workout in today.  With the blizzard the worst it's ever been through the past week, I figured the gym wouldn't be open.  I didn't call, but since I didn't sleep at all last night (see my last post), I figured I'd change my workout to an indoor workout.

Originally, I was going to get a 30 minute cardio session on the stairs and then a bosu workout.  That all changed, for the better, and here's how:

We live in an 8 story building, so I decided to do 10 rounds on the stairs, punctuated with intervals:
Round 1: Run up, walk down, 50 jumping jacks, 50 sit ups, 50 leg scoops
Round 2: Up, down, 50 jacks, 50 squats, 50 jumping lunges
Round 3: Up, down, 50 jacks, 50 seconds of wall sits
Round 4: Up, down, 50 jacks, 25 push ups, 50 seconds plank
Round 5: Up, down, 50 jacks, 25 squats
Round 6: Up, down, 50 jacks, 25 lunges
Round 7: Up, down, 50 jacks, 25 bicep curls with detergent bottles, 25 triceps kickbacks with detergent bottles
Round 8: Up, down, 50 jacks, 25 bicep curls, 25 triceps kickbacks
Round 9: Up, down, jacks, 50 seconds of plank
Round 10: Up, down, and finish.

All in all, it took about 50 minutes, maybe a little less.  Definitely not as fast as it could have been, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't work up a good sweat.

I did scare the crap out of one of my neighbors who came out to do her laundry while I was in the middle of jumping jacks.  But all in all, it was a great workout that I would suggest to any fellow DC'er who is stuck in the snow and has access to their stairwell. 

In addition to all that, K and I went down to a snowball fight between GW and Georgetown.  While the snowball fight was pretty short itself, getting down there, we ran through knee deep drifts of snow to get there and then back uphill after the fight. 

Stay safe in the snow everyone!  New blog ideas coming out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment