Saturday, June 20, 2009

Kickboxing and other favors for friends

A fellow instructor of mine teaches at both of the gyms where I work. She was out of options and needed a sub for last night's Cardio Kickboxing class.



Many people enjoy kickboxing. I used to be one of those people. I was diligent about attending every kickboxing class I could when I was growing up. I even had the wraps to show how "hardcore" I was. Then something happened. What, I'm not sure, but I just didn't like kickboxing anymore.



Fast forward and while I enjoy turbo kick, you're kidding yourself if you think that's kickboxing. It also probably stems from my own lack of confidence in my kickboxing teaching instruction. But my friend was in a bind.



Sore from my crazy leg workout on Thursday, I limped over to the gym and prepared to teach.



Everyone loved it. I thought I looked like a cracked out monkey. But let me tell you, if there's one class that will destroy you, it's kickboxing. Just the boxer shuffle and speed bags are debilitating after 45 minutes. I capped it off with a punishing round of planks and pushups. But everyone loved the class and I think, if asked to do it again, I would.



Its always a nice boost of confidence to teach a class I normally don't and get a positive response, but if it's all the same, I'll leave the flailing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment