Thursday, March 26, 2009

My new favorite tool

I'm sure you all are wondering how I have the time and patience to figure out the calories in everything I eat.

I'm wondering the same thing.

Aside from having the amazing self calculating spreadsheet that I created in all my consultant-ness a few weeks ago...I have...

google.

I know, that's kind of a let down, isn't it? I use food lables when possible, but for the most part, I google. Want to know how many calories that honey wheat bagel is? No problem, if it's not name brand, simply google: calories honey wheat bagel.

There are a few sites that consistently pop up, calorie king, calorie counter, nutritional data...

But today I have found the most amazing thing. While researching my burn at the gym on the rowing machine and treadmill on self.com, I came across an add for Nutritiondata.com.

I use them a lot, so I thought I'd skim around. While I haven't tested out this tool yet, you can use it to CALCULATE HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN A RECIPE!!! AAAHHH

I love my volumetrics cook book, I really do, but I also love cooking in general. I love trying new recipes and experimenting with new oils and spices. Not all of these cookbooks and foodnetwork.com recipes have quite figured out that I need to know my caloric intake.

www.Nutritiondata.com requires basic log-in information, but it's free, and I love free things like I love my food: a lot.

By the way, you can also save these recipes. I'm in love with this new tool. I'm thinking I'm going to have to test it out either tonight or this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment