Monday, May 18, 2009

The Biggest Loser (Office Addition)

So my team has decided to do the biggest loser challenge. This would be great if anyone of them needed to lose weight, but they don't. So I'm having to restructure our approach. Why me? Because I've been designated as Bob/Jillian.

Now, let me say right off the bat that I have a big issue with Biggest Loser. I don't subscribe to the methods they do--at least, not for the millions of Americans who could lose 20-30 pounds. If you are about to die of a heart attack, incur extreme health issues, etc. Then I'm willing to cope with the idea that you should lose 10 pounds a week. Often times, for people who are morbidly obese, they do need to lose a significant amount of weight in a very short time. However, this is an extremely rare case. People who need to lose between 10-50 pounds, and potentially more, should go about it at a rate of 2-5 pounds a week. 5 pounds being for people who are on the higher end of the needed weight loss--your body will help you out when you start losing weight if you're severely overweight. Men also tend to lose quite a bit of weight in the first few weeks.

So, we've modified our approach. We're looking to become more lean, with better definition. A couple pounds off wouldn't be harmful either.

So here we go.

Today was the walk of shame, meaning we all emailed each other what we ate over the weekend. I'll discuss mine in a later entry to be entitled "When Philly Pizza has Calories"...

For now, off to a team lunch to enjoy their last meal before dieting and exercise kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment