Friday, August 14, 2009

Wasting Time

So I get to leave my office in 26 minutes, not that I'm counting.

This week has been very stressful for everyone in my office and it seems that none of us have the stamina to make it the next less than half hour. Time for blogging.

Tonight at LA Boxing is mixed martial arts (MMA) workout.

A side note. I've never had children and I'm far away from that time, but I hear that women "forget" how much childbirth HURTS. My mom disagrees and says that she remembers quite well. But it makes me think about the MMA workout I'm going to tonight.

Last time, we started out in the ring doing a 30 minute endurance workout. I was unfamiliar with what an endurance workout meant.

It was roughly 5 solid minutes of some core based exercise to another 5 minutes of core based exercise...etc. In essence, 6 exercises, 5 minutes of each. Now, 5 minutes doesn't sound like a long time, but just try some of this stuff this guy tells you to do and then let me know if 5 minutes doesn't sound like an eternity.

I dont' actually remember the other 30 minutes of the workout (that's the honest truth). It was that painful...and yet, I'm telling myself right now "it wasn't that bad." Like childbirth, I assume, I've forgotten how epicly painful it was to try and make it through that workout. I recall stopping halfway home and wondering if I was going to puke on the street.

...

Normally, there wouldn't be a debate. My boxing gym buddy, unforunately is detained this evening, so now I have to rely on myself to go, on a Friday afternoon, to the gym, where I'll get my ass kicked. I'd probably be considered clinical for wanting to go. And yet, I do...kind of.

So, I took the issue to my fitness twin. We'll call her Gray for now.

She raised a good point saying, "tend to feel better about not working out when I've planned my day off ahead of time like today: is day off from the gym and I'm ok with it because I put it in my schedule."

Gray's right. I need to go tonight because I planned to go. I took Monday off and I'm probably taking tomorrow off.

12 minutes to freedom and a good beat down.

Stay active this weekend--you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment