Sunday, December 1, 2013

Paleo and Whole30 Must Haves and Resources

This Thanksgiving, I attempted to make a full day of meals for my family that were Whole30 friendly so I could demonstrate just how GOOD this food is. While I was going through my grandmother's kitchen, I suddenly realized just how many unique ingredients have become staples in our kitchen at home.

So, if you are doing the Whole30 warm up or strict Whole30 with me, or looking to grab the essentials for when you're traveling to visit and cook in new and strange kitchens, I recommend the following:

Pantry:
  • Almond Butter
  • Almond Flour*
  • Arrowroot Powder*
  • Canned Pineapple 
  • Cayenne*
  • Chili Powder*
  • Cinnamon
  • Coconut Aminos
  • Coconut Flour
  • Coconut Milk*
  • Coconut Oil*
  • Cumin*
  • Diced Tomatos (canned)
  • Paprika*
  • Red pepper flakes*
  • Rice Wine Vinegar 
  • Sea Salt*
  • Tomato paste (canned)
  • Tomato sauce (canned)

Fresh Produce:
  • Broccoli
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Garlic
  • Jalapenos
  • Onions
  • Shallots
  • Tomatos

Protein:
  • Chicken Breasts (boneless skinless)
  • Chicken Thighs
  • Eggs
  • Ground Beef
  • Ground Lamb
  • Ground Pork

Tools:
  • Crockpot
  • Food Processor
  • Good Knives
  • Julienne Peeler

Cookbooks:
  • Elana's Pantry
  • Every Day Paleo
  • Nom Nom Paleo**
  • Practical Paleo
  • Primal Cravings
  • Well Fed
  • Well Fed 2
* If you don't want to fill your pantry with all of these items, at least get these. 
** This isn't out yet (I am COUNTING down the days to December 17th) but I am sure it will be amazing

If you're looking to make your family's Christmas shopping easier for you - you can send them this collection. If it looks sparse now, don't worry, I add to it every day. These are books and products I use daily and am not paid or encouraged to endorse. I just like them. 

If you eat paleo or Whole30, what are your must haves? 

No comments:

Post a Comment