Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Temptation

I'm out in Pentagon City tonight for an appointment and I had to walk through the food court to get to the side of the mall I needed to go to. Oh man.

Let me tell you about my Achilles Heel. Pretzels. Auntie Anne's Pretzels. Those things, as bad as they are (and they're not even that good sometimes), they're one of my biggest failures. I think it's probably because I always go to the mall at a bizarre time, am in a rush, and don't want to eat fast food. What do I wind up doing? Pretzel! A buttery, slightly chewy, warm pretzel and a diet coke. Man that goes a long way with me...

News flash:

A pretzel from Auntie Anne's is 340 calories.

Take that in and then consider my lunch today:
4oz. salmon, pan cooked: 233 cal
1 serving instant brown rice: 150 cal
1 Apple: 55 cal
Total: 438

For a little less than an 100 calories, I could have a billion times the food...but yet the pretzel calls.

I'm also not in a place where I can get some water, so one of my tricks is unavailable. If I can get home, I can make it to the kitchen, hopefully bypass all of the chex mix I have sitting around from the party (note to self: send left overs with Chadd to work), and make some quick stir fry, with a ton of veggies and a little bit of pasta.

Time to calculate that...
1/2 Bell Pepper: 15 cal
1/2 Zuchinni: 20 cal
1/2 Onion: 14 cal
1/2 serving linguine: 100 cal
1/2 cup grilled chicken: 115
4 tbps soy sauce: 40 cal

Total: 304....which will probably leave me room for a small nibble of chex mix and a 4oz glass of red wine (95 calories).

Just gotta make it past the pretzel...

Don't forget to give me 20 this week! If you can't do the push ups, try doing wall push ups, at least for half of them, or down on your knees. Another option is to do 2 sets of 10 push ups/sit ups. That way, your body has a little time to rest. It's 20 situps/push ups every day this week and next!

What is your Achilles Heel?

1 comment:

  1. "What is your Achilles Heel?"

    Well, I have to stay away from carbohydrates, all carbohydrates.

    Protein is a little better for me than carbs, but what works best for me is fats.

    My favorite food is a freshly chopped-up avocado, with melted butter drizzled over it. It is high-fat, but it's good mono-unsaturated fats, and it's very filling, so I don't over-eat.

    Everybody is different. Some of us are just more different than others.

    ReplyDelete