Monday, March 11, 2013

Mia Cooks: Moroccan Beef Lettuce Wraps

In lieu of talking about training (at all) because I'm not doing training in any form (I work out like a normal person these days and I'm feeling super sucky about it), here's another recipe from me to you.

Moroccan Beef Lettuce Wraps

You need:
3/4 lb ground beef
1 egg
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger

Sauce:
1 c. greek yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon rind
2 tsp tahini
salt
1 garlic clove

"Wrap" Ingredients:
- big leaf lettuce (I like iceburg for this)
- tomato
- onion

1) Mix all ingredients for the patties
2) No, I mean REALLY mix it.
Yes, use your hands.
3) Form 8 patties out of that meat
4) Cook the patties on medium heat on the stove, use non stick spray. About 2:30 on each side should do it.

5) Put the patties on an oven tray and pop into oven on 400 for 5-8 minutes.
6) Prep the sauce - just combine all ingredients and stir
7) Prep the fixin's
8) Wrap and eat!


And...I'm off to foam roll. F*cking ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment