Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mia Cooks (again) Pesto Shrimp

I'm a little (a lot) wound up over the amount of work I have to do (but thankfully, I'm actually excited about all of it) and what turned this fabulous energy from productive to #RAGE was when, as I was leaving from teaching #RAGE spin, I heard one of my participants say to the other "I'm so tired, I'm just going to go heat up a lean cuisine" and the other said "Oh that's a great idea! I love having healthy stuff in the freezer!"

Seriously. I was looking for the Punk'd crew to show up and be like LOL GOT YOU!

No such luck. So, while I went silently apoplectic in the elevator, I vowed to come home and make dinner in less than 15 minutes. I know, sorry, this is the time it takes to cook TWO lean cuisines, but it'll taste more than twice as good.

Pesto Shrimp over Spaghetti Squash

You need:
- pesto you made on Sunday
- shrimp
- grape tomatoes
- olive oil 
- 1 clove garlic
- spinach
- spaghetti squash

1) Clean shrimp.
2) Chop spaghetti squash in half, longways and clean out the crap in the middle.
3) Put spaghetti squash cut side down in a microwavable container with some water and cook in the microwave for 15-18 minutes.
4) Heat up a tiny bit of oil and some garlic on low/medium.

5) Add shrimp.
6) Add tomatoes once the shrimp is pinkish.
7) Give it another minute and add some chopped spinach.
8) Cover and steam until spinach is wilted and add a heaping tablespoon of the pesto.
9) Scoop out the spaghetti squash.


10) Mix shrimp stuff and spaghetti squash.

Stop it with the Lean Cuisine. Or at least, let's all admit that it's not healthy. It's just low calorie.

Now taking requests from the peanut gallery on what you want #miacooks to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment