Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy 2013!

So it's 2013 and I still haven't written a recap of my half IM. Sorry. It probably won't happen unless I just copy paste an email I sent to my training penpal. Which maybe I'll do.

But the point of this post is to tell you three universal truths to health, fitness, and a healthy weight:

1) Pick up heavy things. Frequently. I'm not saying you have to join crossfit, or a gym, or spend a billion dollars on a bowflex...but life is hard and there are heavy things in it, and we need to be able to lift them. Learn how. Practice. Be strong.

2) Run as far as you can. Often. This is not a good marathon training strategy, but if you're looking to get in shape and be healthy, and really help your own mental state, running is good for you. Go do it. If you can run a block - that is awesome. Run a block. If you can run and walk 4 blocks, off you go. 4 miles? Same.

3) Eat your veggies. Don't believe me? I lost 11 pounds just by eating more veggies. If you want better instructions, try to cut out half of the foods that you eat that come through a factory...and fill that empty space up with veggies.

On that wavelength, Victoria and I are continuing our weightloss pact - other #holiloss (if you follow my twitter) are doing a recreation of the weightloss pact and worth checking out. But if you want to play with the two of us, let me know.


1 comment: