Friday, February 17, 2012

Rest Day

I quit my job yesterday.

I wasn't blogging regularly back when I got this job, so that might not sound like as big of a deal as it is. I started with my current employer on January 11th of this year. You did the math - I've been here a little more than a month. I won't talk much more about this because I really do enjoy the people that I work with, but in the end, the opportunity I'm taking is a much better fit and I'm really excited about it.

In the short term, I'm so thankful for the mini-vacation that I get over the weekend. Instead of having to go to work on Monday, my new company takes that day off...and I also decided not to start until Wednesday. Talk about getting some rest.

Tomorrow I have my 10 mile long run (at a 9:40 pace...this is going to be interesting) followed by a 45 minute swim then I'm going up to Baltimore to see some of my Ragnarians and then I'm going to Chadd's gym to support him while he tries out for Ninja Warrior. You can imagine how Sunday will look: restful.

It's interesting what letting someone else figure out your training schedule will do. I woke up at 5 this morning because for the past few days, I have been getting up at 5 to go to the gym, put in my time, and then come back for a 30 minute nap. Today, I had the luxury of sleeping in until 7:30. Unbelievable. I don't have a workout scheduled tonight. In fact, after the goodbye happy hour I'm going to, I intend to come home, throw on a pair of yoga pants and foam roll my legs and back until all the little kinks and knots are gone. It's a struggle to tell myself to not hit the gym tonight for an hour on the bike or something...but Coach T did tell me that the biggest adjustment for me would be training LESS.

I do feel 0 guilt, though. I'm looking forward to taking care of my very tired muscles and prepping for the abuse to come tomorrow (my first back to back workout!).

----

And I'm home. After nearly strangling whichever cat peed on the freshly laundered (but not folded) clothes, I can finally grab my foam roller and get to business. Tomorrow's schedule:

- 7:30 - 9:00 - 10 mile run
- 9:45 - 10:30 - Swim
- 1pm - lunch with Ayla and Justin
- afternoon: watching Chadd try out for ninja warrior

If I get lucky, I'll have time for some active release stretching and I can already tell you that it's going to hurt so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment