Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday Links!

I'm back!  I have links for you!

15 Things You Wouldn't Want to See While Running a Marathon:  This is true.  So very very true.

How to Run Injury Free: On a more serious note, this is a great article about common running mistake (training too much, training too little, speed work mistakes, ignoring injuries) that if you've ever started to hurt while starting a running program, you're likely to find your mistake in this article.

Weekend Calories May be Wrecking Your Diet: SOOOO true.  I duno about you guys, but I'm a big fan of my wine on the weekends.  I've decided to be strong and go without alcohol Sunday-Thursday because it's useless calories.  This, of course, is likely to be negotiated through happy hours...but I digress.  Weekend calories.  We have time for breakfast, we have time to sit and talk over a nice dinner (appetizers, dinner, dessert, drinks), we get bored on Sunday afternoon and snack...the only things I don't like on their list are the "get up the same time you do during the week" bit because I'm a major catch-up sleeper and the one about weighing yourself frequently.  It's my personal belief that you can't really see weight loss over the course of a couple days, a week is about the right time to measure weight loss/gain since we can go between +/- 3 pounds in a day.

Weight Loss Quiz: Very very very interesting.  I didn't do terribly, but the nutrition questions were hit or miss on my answers.  The only question I disagree with is if it matters what time you finish eating dinner.  I don't think it matters, it just matters that you're not eating more than you normally would.  Calories in calories out.  What was your score?

I don't have recipes for this week, but I do have a link for you to this amazing cookbook:
Cooking Light: Cooking Through the Seasons

all I can say is that it's the most amazing cookbook ever.  Last night (and today's lunch) was the cavatappi pasta with arugula (subbed watercress since I got that at the market) pesto and cherry tomatoes.  Hello amazing.  The four recipes I've made out of this book in the past few days have been 100% amazing.

And that's it!  Enjoy you're Tuesday.  Update on my new job tomorrow.  Hint: it's pretty awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I got a twelve. Not horrible but not great either. Reading the answers were really interesting!

    ReplyDelete