Wednesday, May 27, 2009

5 days Before the Shapeover

So, as you may recall, when I started this blog, I was all about Volumetrics. Don't get me wrong, I still am. I endorse calorie counting, becoming aware of the ingredients in your food, and making smarter choices--like ordering dressing on the side, knowing how big a real portion is, and learning to cook for yourself.

And yet, I knew that I would eventually fail at this. There's a certain peak at which you lose your mind and count everything (I was probably about 6 weeks away from this miracle), and then there's that week point (about 7 weeks in) where you lose the time/interest/and time for the grocery...there's a breaking point.

I'm doing a redirect. I am good about watching what I eat, which is really the main case that I have for doing a calorie count for a few months. It's good to know what you consume. I cook my meals using pam, I make Chadd's dinner with a ton of butter. The list could go on. But the point remains...calorie counting is, at worst, a learning experience.

I bought a book on Monday called "28-Day Body Shapeover," by the guy who wrote one of my favorite sculpting books for women--"Sculpting Her Body Perfect." This guy has the right idea--the way to tell how heavy your weights should be, how many reps, which exercises, how often, etc. I have used this book as a cheat sheet for...3 years? I'm going to give the 28 Day Body Shapeover, well...28 days.

I think it's important that if I choose to open my own gym, I can offer a "See It in a Month" option. You know that pre-wedding, pre-high school reunion, post-baby one month boot camp. I'm a little nervous about the diet that goes with it. It's not something that is sustainable for my lifestyle. For example:

Day One:
Meal One:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- Coffee or tea

Meal Two:
- Strawberry Smoothie (1 c. strawberries, 1 scoop whey, 1 tablespoon flax oil, crushed ice)

Meal Three:
- 6 oz. grilled chicken breast
- large salad

Meal Four:
- 1 pear

Meal Five:
- 6 oz. flounder
- 12 oz. yellow squash.

I can do 28 Days. During those 28 days, I'm going to have to think of a follow up plan. Stay tuned...

In the mean time, I'm going to be home with my family for my brother's high school graduation, where I plan to indulge in wine, good food, and Florida heat.

You'll probably get a wine-induced post from me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment